Release schedule, casting and guest judges announced for series three of BBC Three’s Glow Up
BBC Three's successful beauty reality competition Glow Up: Britain's Next Make-Up Star has announced the casting, guest judges and airing schedule for series three.
During the show, contestants take part in weekly challenges to progress through the competition, which are judged by industry professionals Dominic Skinner and Val Garland.
Dolli, Sophie, Alex, Xavi, Elliot, Ryley, Samah, Nicole, Jack and Craig make up the brand new cast of Glow Up’s aspiring MUA's, in a year when more applications than ever were received to join the competition.
Presenter Maya Jama also joins resident judges for the first time, as they welcome an array of guest judges and experts from across the worlds of beauty, TV, music and fashion, including:
- Ateh Jewel, award-winning beauty journalist and diversity campaigner
- Sherri Laurence, Emmy award-winner and make-up department head on Pose
- Les Child, choreographer and voguing pioneer
- Cate Hall, lead hair and make-up designer on The Crown
- Abby Roberts, TikTok’s biggest make-up star
- Vanessa Spence, ASOS design director
- Loz Schiavo, Bafta-winning make-up designer on Peaky Blinders
- Rankin, globally-renowned photographer and director
- Jonas Blue, DJ and music producer
- Awa, singer
- Lisa Eldridge, one of the world's leading make-up artists
Series three will see the battle of the brushes take place across multiple real-world assignments and challenges, as the MUA's get to work on everything from studio shoots and campaigns with Superdrug and Asos, through to period make-up and prosthetics on set with Pose, The Crown and Peaky Blinders.
The MUA's are hopeful to impress the judges and be tipped as Britain’s Next Make-Up Star, winning a contract to work alongside some of the world’s biggest artists.
Glow Up 2021 will air today, Tuesday 20 April with new episodes dropping weekly on BBC Three/BBC iPlayer. As well as streaming online, episodes will air on BBC One every Tuesday at 10:45PM.
Speaking about the series, Maya Jama said: "I absolutely LOVE Glow Up and can’t wait to join the family! I’m obsessed with makeup and creating different looks- it’s going to be so much fun and I can’t wait to see what the MUAs get up to."