Hit US brand hello to make UK debut amid growing demand for "friendlier" oralcare products
US-founded natural oralcare brand hello is seeking to drive growing demand for “friendlier” oralcare products when it makes its UK debut in Superdrug stores and on Amazon from 6 October.
Created by Craig Dubitsky in 2012, hello products are leaping bunny certified, vegan, and made with “thoughtfully-sourced, high quality ingredients” with no artificial sweeteners, flavours, colourants, SLS/sulfates, or peroxide. The brand also uses bpa-free tubes and recyclable cartons.
In the US, the brand is currently available in 45,000 food, drug, and mass retailers, as-well-as online and via dentists, following a partnership with one of the country’s largest dental profession distributors.
It has also recently launched in Canada and Chile, with more countries set to “come aboard” in the coming months.
Speaking to TheIndustry.fashion ahead of hello's UK launch, Dubitsky said: “I started hello because I was sick of seeing artificial sweeteners, dyes, artificial flavours, and harsh whitening agents in the products we were putting in our mouths every day.
“Anything that goes in your mouth also goes into your body, so we wanted to make hello as natural as we could.”
Since launching in 2012 hello has gone on to become the fastest growing oral care brand in the US with “overwhelmingly positive” reviews. Its most popular paste has 29,000 reviews with a 4.5 star rating.
“We’re fired-up to see how people have really welcomed hello into their lives—we literally get love letters from folks,” Dubitsky added.
“They dig how the brand aligns with their values; hello is vegan, and folks appreciate our thoughtful ingredient sourcing and our animal-friendly stance. They love how the products taste, how our design and vibe makes them smile, and that the products are as natural as we can make them.”
“In the UK we can also see that people are looking for more friendly options: friendly to the planet, friendly to animals and friendly to people. And let's face it up until now oral care has been kind of boring!
The full hello range available in Superdrug and Amazon will include:
- hello naturally whitening fluoride toothpaste - thoughtfully formulated with a calcium mineral blend that naturally whitens teeth, plus farm grown peppermint, tea tree oil and coconut oil.
- hello epic whitening activated charcoal fluoride toothpaste – featuring activated charcoal made from sustainable bamboo, plus fluoride, fresh mint and coconut oil.
- hello goodbye plaque, hello whitening fluoride-free toothpaste - natural peppermint with tea tree and coconut oil.
- hello kids unicorn sparkle fluoride toothpaste
- hello goodbye plaque, hello whitening toothpaste tablets
- hello activated charcoal freshening mouthwash
- hello charcoal infused bristles soft toothbrush