KMI Brands celebrates 30th anniversary with new sustainability targets
KMI Brands, creator of beauty and wellbeing brands including Noughty, Ted Baker Perfumes and Toiletries, and Plantopia, is celebrating its 30-year anniversary.
Since its inception in 1993 by Herbie Dayal who co-founded King of Shaves, KMI Brands has come a long way. KMI's mission is to unite and develop beauty and wellbeing brands under license as well as its own portfolio of brands. The portfolio currently covers a range of categories including hair and body care, fragrance, cosmetics, grooming, skincare and wellness.
One of the fastest-growing British beauty businesses, KMI Brands has achieved worldwide distribution across its portfolio in over 21 countries. The company currently manufactures and distributes over 130 products across brands.
Herbie Dayal, Chairman and Founder of KMI Brands, commented: "KMI is rightly proud of its rich heritage and achievements over the last 30 years. To have a 30-year history of sales and profit growth is a huge achievement to celebrate."
Key Achievements over the past three decades:
- KMI Brands is Ted Baker’s longest license partnership. It was established in 1988 and is now sold in 13 global markets with a sales growth of 44% vs 2021.
- Noughty was launched in 2016 and co-founded by now CEO of KMI Brands, Rachel Parsonage. The brand has achieved over 53 awards and has an average annual global sales growth of 59% year on year since launch.
Moving forward, the company has identified four key focus areas to work on, inspired by the UN Sustainability Development Goals. Along with this, it will join B-Corp’s UK's global movement soon for change as part of a promise to uphold the highest standards of ethics and transparency.
KMI brands has set the following goals for the future of the business:
- 100% Plastic Neutral by 2025
- Working to drive change from large raw ingredient suppliers to farmer level with investment in 10 regeneration projects at a farmer level by 2030
- 20% less packaging (in weight) by 2030
- Zero Waste to landfill by 2030
- Traceability of KMI's whole supply chain by 2030
- All packaging material to be recyclable or compostable by 2030
- 95+% biodegradable formulas by 2030
- Net Zero GHG emissions by 2050
Rachel Parsonage, CEO KMI Brands, added: "To be able to celebrate this significant milestone is a testament to KMI’s commitment to the industry.
"I believe it’s a huge privilege to be a leader in a business and my role is to give people a place to grow, be their true authentic selves and find commonality in what we are trying to achieve together. Our journey to B Corp certification only enhances this and holding ourselves accountable with measures and transparent actions attracts like-minded people. People who want to belong and be part of a business they can be proud of."